Poorva Joshi (Founder)
Poorva has a M.Sc. degree in Botany from Pune University. She has been working in the area of Botany, Conservation and Eco-friendly development. She is very passionate about creating awareness in medicinal plants. She has been teaching students in their formative age and stressing the importance of sustainable development to them for the past 16 years.
She is the main faculty conducting the training courses for Bio Concepts.
- Biodiversity Asia, 2012, Bangalore
- National Conference on Biodiversity Assessment, Conservation and Utilization, Feb 2012, Department of Biodiversity, M.E.S Abasaheb Garware College, Pune
- Certificate course on “Perspectives on Environment and Development: Concepts and Debates” organized by the Academy for Conservation Science and Sustainability Studies, ATREE, Bangalore, March, 2011
- Certificate course in Field Botany conducted by ARI and Nisargasevak Pune, 2007
Highlights of work experience:
- Consulting on Medicinal plant conservation for a project at IISER, Pune
- Visiting Lecturer and Botany consultation at Kundal Academy of Development, Administration and Management, Forest Department, Government of Maharashtra
- Complete management execution of Project Training Sessions on Nature, Biodiversity and Conservation supported and recognized by Chief Conservator of Forest and Silviculturist, Pune (Forest , Research division)
- Consultation on Project Execution for Projects in ecologically sensitive plantations
- Medicinal Plant Conservation though medicoscaping for Sendriya Parasbhag Sangh and Invent Architects for Garden development
- Working and consulting with Forest department for specific projects like field guide preparation.
- Coordinator for National Conference on Biodiversity Assessment, Conservation and Utilization, Department of Biodiversity, M.E.S. Abasaheb Garware College, Pune
- Coordination and management for Networking and Information support for conference on Conservation of Rocky Plateaus in Sahyadri-Konkan corridor – for Biome Conservation Foundation
- Visiting Faculty for M. Sc. Biodiversity & Bio Technology Dept, MES Garware College, Pune
- Invited lecturer at MITCON Bio Pharma
- Joint secretory Maharashtra Vrisha Sauvardhini (MVS) , Pune
- Researcher at Agharkar Reseach Institute, Pune – Worked on pharmacological analysis of root drugs
Bio Concepts has connection with passionate researchers and sources working in Medicinal Plant Conservation and can help connect interested people together.